A ship can resolve the effect of a command by spending a command dial or command token with the matching icon at the appropriate time. The effect of the command is based on which component was spent.
Types of Command Edit
Special Rules Edit
- A ship cannot resolve the same command more than once per round.
- A ship can spend both a command dial and a command token to combine their effects. Doing so counts as a
- single resolution of the command. For example, a ship can increase its speed twice by spending a command dial and a command token.
- A player can resolve numerous commands in the same round, such as by spending a command token and a command token during the “Reveal Command Dial” step of activation, and then spending a command dial during the “Determine Course” step of movement.
- A ship can resolve a command and choose not to produce its effect. It still counts as resolving that command, such as for the purpose of triggering upgrade cards.
- • Garm Bel Iblis (Rebel Commander): "At the start of the first round and the fifth round, each friendly ship may gain a number of command tokens equal to its command value."
- • Relentless (ISD Title): "The total number of command dials that must be assigned to your ship during the Command Phase is reduced by 1."
- • Tantive IV (CR90 Title): "Before you gain a command token, 1 friendly ship at distance 1-5 may gain that token instead."
- • Commandant Aresko (Unique Imperial Officer): "When another friendly ship at distance 1-3 reveals a command, you may exhaust this card to gain 1 command token of the same type."
- • Director Isard (Unique Imperial Officer): "When you reveal a command, you may look at all command dials assigned to 1 enemy ship."
- • Wulff Yularen (Unique Imperial Officer): "When you spend a command token, you may exhaust this card to gain 1 command token of the same type.
- • Raymus Antilles (Unique Rebel Officer): "When you reveal a command, you may gain 1 matching command token without spending the command dial."
- Skilled First Officer (Officer): "Before you reveal a command, you may discard this card to discard your top command dial."
- Support Officer (Officer): "At the start of the Command Phase, you may discard this card to discard all of your command dials."
- Veteran Captain (Officer): "When you reveal a command, you may discard this card to gain 1 command token of your choice."
- Comms Net (Fleet Support): "After the Reveal Command Dial Step, you may remove 1 command token from this ship to assign a matching token to another friendly ship at distance 1-5."