There are three different colors of attack dice: red, blue, and black. Each ship’s hull zone lists different combinations of attack dice. The colors of the attack dice serve two purposes:
- When attacking a ship from a distance, some dice colors cannot be rolled for that attack. (See: Targeting)
- Each color has a different distribution of icons.
There are three icons that appear on these dice:
- Hit : "This icon adds one damage to the damage total."
- Critical : If the attacker and defender are ships, this icon adds one damage to the damage total and can trigger a critical effect.
- Accuracy : The attacker can spend this icon to choose one of the defender’s defense tokens. The chosen defense token cannot be spent during this attack.
- A blank face is a die face with no icons on it.
If players are instructed to roll dice for a purpose other than an attack, the icons on the die have no inherent effects.
|Dice Color||Hit||Crit||Accuracy||Hit + Hit||Hit + Crit||Blank|