Dice can be modified in the following ways by game effects:
- Reroll: When a die is rerolled, the attacker picks it up and rolls it again. A die can be rerolled multiple times.
- Add: When a die is added, roll an unused die of the appropriate color into the attack pool.
- Change: When a die is changed, rotate it to display the indicated face.
- Spend: When a die or die icon is spent, remove that die from the attack pool.
- Cancel: When a die or die icon is canceled, remove it from the attack pool.
Rules Clarification Edit
When a ship resolves an ability that allows it to add dice to the attack pool, it can it add those dice even if their color is not normally appropriate for the range of the attack. The range restriction on dice color applies only when dice are gathered during the “Roll Attack Dice” step of an attack.