There are several components in Star Wars Armada that can be spent to induce a wanted effect. Some effects can force or allow a player to spend a component.
- If a dial, token, die, or other component is spent as part of a card effect’s cost, that component does not also produce its normal effect.
Spend Defense Tokens: Edit
- The defender can spend one or more of its defense tokens to modify the attack pool or reduce damage.
- When a readied (green) defense token is spent, it's flipped to the exhausted (red) side.
- When a exhausted (red) defense token is spent, it's discarded.
Spend Command Dials and Tokens: Edit
- A ship can resolve the effect of a command by spending a command dial or command token with the matching icon at the appropriate time.
- When a command token is spent, return it to the supply.
- When a command dial is spent, it is placed faceup on the ship’s ship card and remains there until it is assigned as a new command during the next Command Phase.
Spend Engineering Points: Edit
- When resolving a Repair Command, a ship can spend engineering points equal to the ship’s engineering value for repair effects.
Spend Dice: Edit
- When a die or die icon is spent, remove that die from the attack pool.
- The attacker does not spend a die icon to resolve a critical effect unless the effect says otherwise.
Spend Shields: Edit
- Some upgrade cards may demand to reduce 1 or more points of a ship's shield value to trigger its effect.
Spend Fleet Points: Edit
- A fleet cannot spend more than one third of its fleet points, rounded up, on squadrons.